Thursday, March 15, 2012

Not the best movie of the year!

I love how every preview for every movie they advertise on TV is always called "The best movie of the year" by some obscure critic somewhere. They just showed an advert for 21 Jump Street and called it the "Best Movie of the Year". Absurd! If that were the case then, shouldn't every movie that comes out have an Oscar? I mean I know they have to try to puff up their movie to the public so that it makes a lot of money at the box office but really come up with something more original than "best movie of the year." Or let the movie speak for itself. Don't lie about the quality of the movie. If it truly is good then it should be able to carry itself on pure merit alone and receive its desired following. That isn't one person's choice to make, it's based on a broad consensus of the average Joe and everyone's got their own opinion about what they think is great or not. I make my own judgments on what I like or find worthy of spending my money on. And no I do not think "21 Jump Street" is the best movie of the year. It looks stupid. I'm saving my money for The Avengers, Spider Man, The Dark Knight Rises and all the other really really good movies coming out this Spring and Summer, and a few Fall and Winter blockbusters. I'd be broke if I went to see every single movie that came out under that auspice. Discretion is key.

No comments:

Post a Comment